STAND IN THE GAP PROJECT
RAISE YOUR VOICE. TELL YOUR STORY. GET INVOLVED
Stand “In the Gap” with The One Less Foundation and help create pathways out of poverty for those striving for a better way of life. Part of our work is to ensure that policies and regulations are in place to provide access to resources and financial protections for those in poverty. We’re asking you to use your voice, time and talents to stand in the gap with us and build a bridge for the financially vulnerable. Read more about why we're standing in the gap.
How to get involved:
Five things you can do in 2018, to” Stand in the Gap” with The One Less Foundation to help end poverty:
1. Participate in our online advocacy days on social media
2. Donate to support our programs that provide training and resources for individuals
3. Sign on to advocacy letters to state and federal politicians
4. Join us for our advocacy chats to explore the issues
5. Volunteer your time, talents and voice!
On Social Media share how you're standing in the gap for the those in poverty. Use #StandInTheGap on our specific days to join the conversation and post a selfie or your video to social media telling your story - don't forget to use #StandInTheGap and tag us to your posts and tweets.
You can also join us on special selfie and video days where we will be out and about shooting your selfies and videos. Come on down to one of the below locations and film your #StandInTheGap story with us. You can film a short 30 - 60 second video or sit for a longer 3-5 minute video.
February 3rd Filming Locations
1. Germantown Espresso Bar - 26 Maplewood Mall Phila, PA 19144 from 11:30am - 1:00pm
2. Gryphon Coffee Co - 100 W. Oxford St. Phila, PA 19122 from 1:30pm - 3:00pm
3. Gryphon Coffee Co - 105 W. Lancaster Ave. Wayne, PA 19087 from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Sunday, April 8th Filming Locations
1. Franny Lou's Porch - 2400 Coral St. Phila, PA 19125 from 10:00am - 12:30pm
Saturday, July 14, 2018 Filming Locations
1. Vernon Park 5800 Germantown Ave. Phila, PA 19144 (close to the playground and Greene St entrance) from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Join us for our community advocacy chats where we break down policies and talk about causes and solutions to ending poverty. Hear from our organization and guest speakers. These will be live streamed.
Check back for dates and locations.
March 15th 2018, 6pm - 8pm @ Johnson House Historic Site, Center for Social Advocacy 6306 Germantown Ave
Topic: Economic Justice
July 26, 2018, 6pm - 8pm @Johnson House Historic Site, Center for Social Advocacy 6306 Germantown Ave.
Topic: Gentrification: Housing, History and the Racial Wealth Gap